FlyWorks 406 Rod - 9' 9wt
The rod built for the big boys. We took our 406 rod blank and tweaked it a bit to better meet the demands of the serious fly fisher's out there. The first alteration was to change out the half wells to a full wells cork grip, giving you that extra cork to support hard pushing casts for those precious extra feet necessary to get the fly in front of your targets' face. We moved the stripping guide closer to the reel to ensure once that hookup happens you don't have extra line to try and clear. The final component was adding in a fighting butt to help you get that extra leverage you need as you run deep in to your backing. This rod proved itself over and over again with tarpon from Belize up through Florida!
- Full wells grip
- Removeable fighting butt
- 4 piece rod
- A matte blue finish really separates this rod from the standard gloss finish
- Dark blue thread holding the guides accents the matte blue blank nicely
- Stainless steel with titanium finish snake guides
- Stripping guide includes silicon carbide rings to ensure smooth flow of fly line
- Aluminum reel seat with hard wood insert
- Prepreg rod material sourced from Korea
- Action: Medium Fast
All rods come with a fly rod tube with separate compartments for each piece of the rod and reel compartment.
View the fly rod warranty here.